Dear Class 8,
Your homework this week is to write the dramatic scene that happens next in the animation. This is the part where the man approaches and then chases the cube. Here’s what you need to try and include in your writing (success criteria):
- Short dramatic sentences.
- Good openers (fronted adverbials – In the middle of nowhere, All of a sudden, After a while,)
- Powerful verbs (jumped – he leapt, he dived, pounced)
- Good adverbs (cautiously, slowly, anxiously)
Some of you might include:
- Complex sentences (main clause and subordinate clause)
- Similes, metaphors and personification
I’m really looking forward to reading your writing!